PDA

View Full Version : Changing engine sound's for car's NO mod's

slimory
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Okay so, ive seen alot of people asking how too change engine sound's well here it is,
since there's no mod out there that sounds like the crown vic,
i found an easier way too change your engine sound's on Police vehicles:
1) Go too your main GTAIV/EFLC folder
2)open common then click data)
3)scroll down until you see vehicle's
4) you need too open in it up with notepad
5)look for your Police,Police2,FBI,Noose,Polpatriot
6)look for the 5th line for the Police vehicle you chose
(example: police, police, car,POLICE, POLICE)
change the "POLICE" highlighted in green too Admiral or Washington (they both sound the same).

click the "X" then SAVE to desktop, then drag the one on the desktop too where the vehicle's folder is (it will replace it)

MAKE SURE YOU DO IT LIKE IT'S POSTED HERE, IF YOU EDIT THE WRONG ONE IT CAN CRASH YOUR GAME!!!!!
ALSO, THIS IS NOT A MOD SO IF YOU DO IT RIGHT YOU DON'T HAVE TOO WORRY ABOUT GAME CRASHES!!!! :)

Have fun and Enjoy, BTW your Police radio will be gone and the title "Police" will be "Washington" on the car.
this in NO-WAY will interfere with LCPDFR or any other mod's.

Slimory

VinceKaufman
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
erm...

This doesn't really tell us the sound we have to change in our .ivaud files. It only tells us how to change the name of a vehicle...

slimory
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
it has nothing too do with the IVAUD files, basically what your doing with what i wrote is, just switching an engine sound from 1 car too another, your not modding the sound with SparkIV. the file you need too edit is the vehicles.ide, when you change the engine sound too the washington, it also give's the Police Cruiser the name of the washington, but you can still use the Police car AS the Police car,
i couldn't ever find a Crown Vic IVAUD, so, i figured the washington was pretty close too it.